Three New Members Join WTEF Board

The Wayne Township Education Foundation is welcoming three new members to its Board of Directors.

Kanfing Camara, Trent Hinshaw, and Maria Wiley are now serving the board with terms that started on July 1.

Mr. Hinshaw (pictured left) attended Chapel Glen Elementary, Chapel Hill 7th & 8th Grade Center, and Ben Davis High School, where he now teaches. He has also held positions in Washington Township’s schools and at Cardinal Ritter High School.

“I want to give back to the community that I live in and to the school district that I went to school in, live in, and work in,” said Mr. Hinshaw. “I have seen how students benefit in the classroom from WTEF and their generous donations.”

Mrs. Wiley (pictured center) is the parent of three Ben Davis High School graduates. She has been active on the school district’s textbook adoption committee, and has also been a BD football and band mom. She has volunteered for the district’s HOSTS reading mentoring program for several years, has supported Ben Davis’ show choirs, and was the chair of the 2019 referendum committee for MSD Wayne Superintendent Jeff Butts. She is currently Senior Director of Audit, Risk Management and Procurement for the Indianapolis Airport Authority.

“I want to be involved in supporting the Wayne Township school system at the funding level,” Mrs. Wiley said. “I have been the beneficiary of a lot of great programs supported by the foundation, and I would like to contribute my talents to help support the programming within the school district.”

Ms. Camara (pictured right) started attending school in Wayne Township in 2005, and graduated from Ben Davis High School in 2016. During that time she was involved in activities such as orchestra and the debate team. She is currently Associate Project Coordinator for SpectronRx.

“I love Wayne Township and all the opportunities it provides to its students,” she said. “I want to be a part of driving these innovative teaching methods that allow students to explore their personal learning styles.”

WTEF Executive Director Lisa Baize said participation by community members on the organization’s board is vital to its success. “We’re extremely grateful for the dedication and hours of service provided by all our board members, past and present,” she said. “And we look forward to the contributions and fresh perspectives we know Kanfing, Trent and Maria will bring.” Since 1991, current Foundation board members cumulatively have provided 251 years of volunteer leadership through WTEF service.

ABOUT THE WAYNE TOWNSHIP EDUCATION FOUNDATION
The Wayne Township Education Foundation (WTEF) provides community leadership to enrich, engage, and stimulate teaching and learning in the Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township. WTEF accomplishes this by supporting school programs and resources, while recognizing excellence among students and staff. To learn more about WTEF, call 317-988-7966, visit wtef.wayne.k12.in.us, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @WayneTwpEdFound.